On the night before surgery, wash the area around your eyes and your eyelids very carefully.
- DO NOT wear makeup on the day of surgery.
- On the morning of your surgery, thoroughly wash your face and eyelids again.
- DO NOT use perfumes, colognes, or strongly scented hair sprays, after shaves, lotions, etc. on the day of surgery.
- You will need to bring someone to drive you home on the day of surgery.
Carefully read over the LASIK consent document. If you have any questions or concerns, please call your doctor’s office. You may also choose to write down your questions or concerns and bring them with you on the day of your pre-operative exam. You will have an opportunity to have your questions answered on the day of your pre-operative exam. The consent document will also be signed on the day of your pre-operative exam after all your questions/concerns have been answered to your satisfaction.
ON THE DAY OF SURGERY
- DO NOT rub your eyes after surgery.
- After your procedure, you may feel as though there is an eyelash or other foreign object in your eye. You may have some tearing associated with this. Your eyes may feel tired and want to stay shut.
- DO NOT rub your eyes.
- Immediately after surgery your vision may be blurry - don’t be alarmed. Your vision may clear up later in the evening, and usually by the next morning there is significant improvement.
- You will be given a formal list of discharge instructions on the day of surgery including medication instructions, any restrictions on physical activity, expectations for fluctuations in vision, and a one-day post-operative appointment time.
- If you have any questions, please call your doctor’s office and tell them you are a LASIK patient.